NOTE: You may apply for services through the Artist Hub. Log in, follow the prompts to “Money & Services” and locate the form for the service you want to request.
Project Planning - To increase your ability to successfully and effectively manage complex and ambitious projects.
- Every Creative Capital artist will be given the tools to make a detailed and doable project plan. To aid in this process, you will be provided access to a team of professionals for your first year that will include a Creative Capital staff person, an artist advisor, discipline-specific arts professionals, experts and entrepreneurs relevant to the project.
Artist Services Staff Person - To guide you through your experience with Creative Capital.
- You will be assigned to one of two staff members who will act as your primary liaison: Sean Elwood, Director, Programs & Initiatives, or Lisa Dent, Director, Grants & Services. Sean and Lisa are available by email or phone throughout the year, and individual in-person meetings can be arranged at the CC offices in New York.
Artist Advisor – To provide sounding boards for your project and career.
- Every Creative Capital artist may be paired with a previously funded artist as part of the Project Plan Support Team. These teams will will work to develop a Project Plan and may offer advice and assistance to help you achieve your vision. Team or cohort meetings may take place throughout the first year of your work with Creative Capital, beginning with the orientation meeting through the Retreat and beyond in an effort to continue the connections and support the ideas generated during the Retreat.
Strategic Planning – To increase your productivity, efficiency & satisfaction.
- Introduced during the retreat, strategic planning is a methodology designed to help you articulate your goals clearly and enable you to better use each successive project as a catalyst for your career. As part of your introduction to the process, you will be given a Strategic Planning Workbook and a Project Planning Workbook.
Artist Coach – To help you attain your specified goals.
- This program is designed to help you identify, acquire and build the skills needed to reach project and/or career goals through one-on-one coaching with alumni artists or consultants experienced in strategic planning. Coaches meet with their assigned artist for up to ten one-hour phone meetings to design a strategic plan that works towards a specific goal set by the artist. Once you submit a request for a coach, one will be assigned within a month or you will receive notice of an alternativee timeline. Due to the limited number of slots available, the Creative Capital staff will select and schedule the grantees assigned to work with the coaches. The selection and scheduling decisions are based on the needs of the artists, their projects and the coaches available at the time of assignment.
Next >> Gatherings